Sponsia.com is a start-up company that is building an on-line platform linking Event Organizers to corporate Sponsors to help them organize a branding friendly event via attracting sponsors’ money or resources needed for the event.
Sponsia is backed up by Eleven – a EUR 12 million venture fund that provides financing to early-stage startups, powered by Springboard, the leading European startup accelerator. The project was chosen to be one of the 4 best start-up ideas in Eastern Europe in E-nnovation Contest in Poland and is currently undergoing a second round of investment pitching. In 4 months the company has achieved great client traction, launched beta version and tested the product on a smaller market – Bulgaria, where the development team is outsourced.
With regards to the next stage of development we are looking to hire:
City Sales Manager – London
The City Sales Manager (CSM) will be a key figure in Sponsia’s start-up team. Initially this will be working-out-of-home job. CSM will work in a very close relation with the founders of the company and the development team to pilot test the on-line platform and business model, project manage the development of new features and correct bottle necks of the existing.
In the first 3 months, CSM’s main goal will be to close at least 6 deals for Sponsorship and enlist more deals in the pipe-line.
The main responsibilities of the role are expected to include:
• Identify and contact potential sponsors. Sponsors universe will include global and local brands (and their advertising agencies) with budgets for BTL, CSR and event marketing campaigns. Sponsors may also be smaller businesses that would like to target and sell to local communities.
• Sell Sponsia’s mission and get decision makers interested
• Present the beta version of the platfrom and enlist Sponsors to use it
• Collect feedback from Sponsors about needs, budgets, strategies, product ideas and corrections.
• Close deals for real sponsorships for real events
To Event Organizers
• Generate database for new events and event organizers (professional and amateur). Work with them to improve the usability of the platform from that end.
• Advise and help event organizers to make branding friendly events that serve sponsors’ needs.
• Find and recruit media partners to support event popularization.
• Find and enlist service and equipment providers for event production.
Product development support
• Website content management – mainly developing a library of knowledge on event management and branding useful to event organizers.
• Collecting users feedback and suggesting website changes and improvements,
• Work with developers to deliver the latter
• Customer service and admin support for the website
• Produce regular reports
As this will be a role in a start-up team, we will expect that there’s a great deal of flexibility about the expectations for what are going to be the main duties of the City Sales Manager. In general, he/she will be in charge of ALL customer base development as job priorities may change with business development.
• Communication skills
• Sales Skills
• Knowledge in marketing, branding and advertising
• Organizational Skills
• On-line savvy
• Brilliant English – very good writing skills in business English
The ideal background:
• 2-3 years job in Sales in on-line media, advertising or event management company
• Proven track record of b2b sales to big and medium advertisers
• On-line business experience
• International Sales experience is huge advantage
Please send your CV + a photo and write us a few words about your specific success in sales. Only selected candidates will be contacted and provided with feedback.
Your personal information will be used only for the purpose of the recruitment process and will be treated with confidentiality.